An inspiring BARK from the Dog!
This past week has been very inspiring indeed! A recent Reddit post in /r/incremental_games has brought a lot of new players into the community. So before we dive into the update, I wanted to cover some of the neat stuff that has happened because of this:
- We now have over 100 members on our Discord! If you haven’t yet joined up, please do! It’s a great place to share your thoughts on the state of the game.
- We’ve broken 600 Followers on Twitch!
- We’re very close to unlocking our next Emote slot! (Thank you to all the new Subscribers!)
- We’ve got a couple new moderators in the chat. Datnightcat and Sawode. Both of these folks are long time DKTD players and can answer a lot of questions newer players might have. Nightcat actually runs the DKTD Subreddit, which you should check out if you haven’t!
Okay, onto the update. Here’s what we’ve got lined up:
- Two new Bone Tiers to achieve: Inspiring and Enlightened, which are gated behind Ascension 3 and 4.
- Structures can now gain health the more they are built, but also cost more and require more WORKs.
- A new Structure: the Altar of Dog, which spawns a new item: [Prayer].
- A new buff that can be added to the Dog: Purity, which acts like Armor against Corruption.
- Changes to claiming Sparks & Gold.
- Stability improvements.
- Two new Bone Tiers have been added: Inspiring and Enlightened.
- These tiers require Ascendancy 3 and 4 respectively.
- At MAX Ascendancy, the Bone will no longer reset on Ascendancy. Instead, the Bone level will continue to increase as well as the points required. The points for Golden Dog, however, will not increase.
One problem we saw with the new influx of players is that Structures would wear out very quickly. This update adds a little bit of scaling:
- A Structure’s starting Health increases by 1 every time it is built, up to a maximum of 10.
- WORKs per health, and Pledge Gold cost also increase every time a Structure is built, up to a limit.
Additionally, every 10 Works you perform (cumulatively, across any Structures) will award you 1 Gold. Get ta work!
New Structure: Altar of Dog
- Awards [Prayer] and [Holy Pledge] items.
- [Prayer] adds the Purity buff to the Dog. If the Dog has Purity, 1 stack of Purity will be traded for every stack of Corruption added. This does not affect any Corruption currently on the Dog, so it is similar to Armor.
Item Claiming Updates
We’ve gotten a lot of feedback on how the new Item Claiming mechanic works. So the following changes have been made:
- Golden Sparks will now award progression towards the Daily Sparks quest even for attempting to claim them.
- Golden Sparks will now award at least 50% of the Sparks value for attempting to claim them. The winner of the item receives 100%.
- You can now contest multiple Golden Sparks at once. Contesting other items does not remove you as a contestant from these items. All other items you may only contest 1 at a time.
- Claiming Sparks takes a little bit longer now (8 seconds up from 5), but the timer does not refresh whenever a new player tries to contest them.
Similar changes also apply to Gold Nuggets!
- Fixed an issue where stats and points would lag the game.
- Fixed an issue where Steak would not add the correct amount of Friendship on use.
- Fixed an issue where the Leaderboards would break and not return until game restart.
- Fixed an issue where ‘for no reason’ would appear after pledging or working ended.
- Fixed an issue where players would have their Work command interrupted if they happen to activate the Structure.